Former Kroger Locations in Nashville

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Moderator: Groceteria

NewsLynne
Contributor

Post by NewsLynne »

Where were the old Green Hills Krogers? I know where the newer one is (it's a nice one!) but can't picture the others. Was there one in the Bluebird shopping center?
rich
Veteran

Post by rich »

One was just South of I-440. When it was still a SuperX, it still had the brick and fieldstone facade from its Kroger days. the store probably would have evolved into a Revco & then a CVS. It was a freestanding store on the West side of Hillsboro. The older Kroger was a little N of I-440, also on the West of the street. I think Hillsboro may still be 21th Ave. at that point. It was S of the small business district that used to include a Foodland. I forget the name of the cross street that had Foodland and other stores. I seem to recall that most of the commercial buildings in that area on 21st/Hillsboro were offices. The old Kroger was vacant for quite a long time. It was a freestanding building with a smallish parking lot and a loading dock on the side or rear of the building. It would have been red or buff colored brick.
NewsLynne
Contributor

Post by NewsLynne »

I have a feeling the older Kroger turned into Sunrise Grocery. It was near the little Bi-Rite really close to the interstate.

I haven't lived out there in about 10 years but when I went to Belmont I knew the area really well.