Cat in the Fiddle

Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Moderator: Groceteria

billybobasan

Cat in the Fiddle

Post by billybobasan »

Hi All,First time poster! There was once apon a time a place in Danville Va. that had a neon sign of a cat playing a fiddle,not sure if it was resturant or what. Does anybody have a photo of this place or remember it?
Thank you,
Bill Powell
Dave
Veteran

Re: Cat in the Fiddle

Post by Dave »

billybobasan wrote:Hi All,First time poster! There was once apon a time a place in Danville Va. that had a neon sign of a cat playing a fiddle,not sure if it was resturant or what. Does anybody have a photo of this place or remember it?
Thank you,
Bill Powell
All I know is that there was a Cat & Fiddle Supermarket in Danville; I don't know where or when.
billybobasan

Cat in the Fiddle

Post by billybobasan »

I was hopeing someone had a photo of it. I remember seeing it when I was younger. Told some people about it & they dont believe.
ms.lefty
Contributor

Post by ms.lefty »

No picture, but a post in this link mentions the Cat and Fiddle:

http://www.wm.edu/wmcar/Danvilledig/gb/guestbook.php

"I used to go "duck pin" bowling at the little bowling alley above the Cat and Fiddle grocery store....so many memories.....I will be 60-years-old my next birthday and it seems the older I get...the more Danville is on my mind..."
billybobasan

Thank you!

Post by billybobasan »

Thank you, I appreciate all who helped! I can remember seeing that that big cat playing the fiddle every time we went through Danville going some place or coming home. We lived in South Boston.
Bill P.
ms.lefty wrote:No picture, but a post in this link mentions the Cat and Fiddle:

http://www.wm.edu/wmcar/Danvilledig/gb/guestbook.php

"I used to go "duck pin" bowling at the little bowling alley above the Cat and Fiddle grocery store....so many memories.....I will be 60-years-old my next birthday and it seems the older I get...the more Danville is on my mind..."
sjankis630

Re: Cat in the Fiddle

Post by sjankis630 »

I lived in Danville Va from 1973 until 1988. I remember the Cat & Fiddle grocery store. The Cat was dressed in a tuxedo correct and played the fiddle with the use of a clever light which would show his bow going across every time it changed. It was an effect you could see at night and I could just make it out from over my rooftop up on Monroe street all the way across the river.
As I recall there was a dynamite pizza place in that same shopping center. I cannot remember the year they tore the shopping center down but it had to be before I went away to college sometime before 1984.
Wow that was a long time ago.