Fisher Foods? 93rd & Kinsman, Cleveland OH

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Moderator: Groceteria

Daniel
Veteran

Fisher Foods? 93rd & Kinsman, Cleveland OH

Post by Daniel »

Was this the Fisher or the A&P? Sorry for the crappy pic, I didn't get out of my car this time and took the shot through the windshield as I drove past. This area is still very economically depressed, a lot of abandonment surrounds this small shopping plaza.
Sdorulla
Contributor

Post by Sdorulla »

I lived near, but not in this area from 1966-69. At that time, the end of the building in the picture was a Goodyear store. The plaza is L-shaped, the Fisher's was on the opposite end facing East 93rd. I was in this Fisher's once with my dad when we went for a walk but we were almost exclusively Pick-n-Pay shoppers so I don't remember much else.

Stan D.
Toby Radloff
Contributor

Post by Toby Radloff »

I do recall Goodyear in that building, now that I think of it. The A&P was nearby, but I think the building was later demolished. I do recall an A&P in the East 93-Kinsman area, and an early 1960's ad had an East 93rd Street address, in the 3500's (don't know the exact number offhand). The former Fisher Foods is where the party center is now. The former Goodyear store is presently being used as a food store. I originally thought that was the A&P, but now know that that was Goodyear. I think the garage doors for the Goodyear were behind the store but were later bricked in. Back then, Goodyear stores sold more than just tires and auto repairs...they also sold TV's, appliances, bicycles, and, during the Christmas season, toys. Firestone and BF Goodrich had similar operations as well, although later on the stores evolved into selling only tires and auto services.
Daniel
Veteran

Post by Daniel »

Ah, OK. There's so much paint and plywood paneling on this center it's hard to tell what was what. I was going to take a pic of the store at the other end of the plaza but the parking lot was so crowded I decided to skip it this time.