supermarket photos

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region.

Moderator: Groceteria

justin karimzad
Veteran

supermarket photos

Post by justin karimzad »

A yellow pages search on this website turns up hit and miss exterior photos of various businesses throughout the country, including supermarkets. Strangely, the Albertson's searches that I have performed so far have brought me to photos of them as Lucky. There seems to be a search limit after which time it will ask you to register (for free). Or, you can search the business with Google Maps, and if there's a photo of the place, it will appear in a pop-up window;
http://www.daplus.us/BusinessSearch.aspx?Partner=400240
J-Mac
Veteran

Post by J-Mac »

Interesting...

I used up my free searches, but in the process I noticed there must be a NorCal-SoCal thing going on. I found Lucky signage in the NorCal listings I opened, and Albertsons in the SoCal.

Searching for Albertsons in a zip code that they don't operate in will bring up a statewide list (90701 works). Its not totally accurate, they have a picture of the old 8320 Firestone blvd. store on the listing for the 7676 Firestone Blvd., Downey store (7676 was a 2005 replacement.)

Go figure.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

J-Mac wrote:I used up my free searches, but in the process I noticed there must be a NorCal-SoCal thing going on. I found Lucky signage in the NorCal listings I opened, and Albertsons in the SoCal.
Probably has to do with when the actual photos were taken and their addresses entered into the database. Looks like the NorCal photos were taken and catalogued about 1998-1999 when (of course) most addresses that now sport Albertsons stores were Lucky locations. They probably got around to doing SoCal a year or two later. Charlotte NC seems to be from about 2003-2004,a dn they don't seem to have gotten to my current hometown at all yet.

Interesting stuff, though. It's great that they captured all these Lucky stores before the signs changed. Might provide some interesting results for people in other cities too, since they apparently never update the photos once they're added.