About a Certain Layout.

This is the place for general and miscellaneous posts on topics which might extend past the boundaries of any specific region.

Moderator: Groceteria

mikeparkridge
Contributor

About a Certain Layout.

Post by mikeparkridge »

In Park Ridge Il. where I live There was a Family Owned market called Thompson's which originally started out as a bakery and ice cream atore it eventually evolved into a supermaket.

The enternce to one of the addtions was set up where both the in and out doors where seperated.

Th in door was to the left of cash registers, meaning it was lined up with them, and the out door was naturally in front of the registers.

Guess they must have thought in was better than having both doors in one place having those comming and going from running into each other.

This was the only food store that I ever saw with this set up so I wonder if their is was were any other like it?

I just saw this section says chain Supermarket History so I aplogize for putting this in the wrong place.
lvkewlkid
Veteran

Re: About a Certain Layout.

Post by lvkewlkid »

mikeparkridge wrote:In Park Ridge Il. where I live There was a Family Owned market called Thompson's which originally started out as a bakery and ice cream atore it eventually evolved into a supermaket.

The enternce to one of the addtions was set up where both the in and out doors where seperated.

Th in door was to the left of cash registers, meaning it was lined up with them, and the out door was naturally in front of the registers.

Guess they must have thought in was better than having both doors in one place having those comming and going from running into each other.

This was the only food store that I ever saw with this set up so I wonder if their is was were any other like it?

I just saw this section says chain Supermarket History so I aplogize for putting this in the wrong place.
Many Albertsons have the same setup...