Old Photos at Safeway in Bonners Ferry, Idaho

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

storewanderer
Veteran

Old Photos at Safeway in Bonners Ferry, Idaho

Post by storewanderer »

Anyone have any ideas as to what this is? Sure looks historical, though I am unconvinced it has anything to do with the store.

Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

I moved this out of a different thread, where I think it was posted by accident. If there was a subject line, it got lost in the shuffle. Could you clarify where this store is located?
TheStranger
Veteran

Post by TheStranger »

That is a marina located in Bonners Ferry, Idaho.
Chris Sampang
Dan488

Post by Dan488 »

I ""almost"" stopped at this store on my north-west trip a couple of years ago. It was late evening when we were passing through Bonner's Ferry, Idaho, we were looking for a Safeway, looked and looked, but never could find the store.
storewanderer
Veteran

Post by storewanderer »

I almost did not find the store. I didn't print any maps (wasn't even planning to go to Bonner's Ferry but got checked into hotel early so said what the heck and just started driving). I drove through the south portion of the town and saw another store and some gas stations but no Safeway. I thought huh, where is it. Then I kept going and thought there was no more town. Then I saw the downtown section in the north part of town. Was staring down a street and saw the big S sign. I almost missed this store too.

They may have been closed in the late evening too. I think they closed at 9 or 10.

Anyone been to the Deer Lodge, MT Safeway?
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
StoreLiker2006
Veteran

Post by StoreLiker2006 »

I noticed this particular Safeway had an unusual "TV Tube S" signpost (I cannot help but wonder if that originally was the Circle S there, for that was what the original logo was when this store was new) minus the usual SAFEWAY rectangular footer.
explorersea
Contributor

Re: Old Photos at Safeway in Bonners Ferry, Idaho

Post by explorersea »

storewanderer wrote:Anyone have any ideas as to what this is? Sure looks historical, though I am unconvinced it has anything to do with the store.

I last visited the Bonners Ferry Idaho Safeway in the mid 1990's, it is still located at 216 First Street.