Harmon's, Your Neighborhood Grocer

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

marshd1000
Veteran

Harmon's, Your Neighborhood Grocer

Post by marshd1000 »

I was looking at information about Downtown Salt Lake City's new City Creek Center. This is a replacing the old Crossroads and ZCMI Center Malls. As part of this project, along with Nordstrom and Macy's, is Harmon's Grocery Stores. Looking at Harmon's website, harmonsgrocery.com , I saw their history. In that history, it said that they had some supercenters which had clothing and hardware, etc. But their current ad does not show such departments. So I am wondering if any of you are familiar with this company and if they still have some "Fred Meyer" style stores?
tesg
Veteran

Re: Harmon's, Your Neighborhood Grocer

Post by tesg »

I don't think they've ever had "supercenters" ala Fred Meyer. Jake Harmon's original store was more of a one-stop shopping type deal if I'm reading their history right...but today's stores are typical of the large modern supermarket format.

They have big stores to be sure. The new decor they're using (the District store, for example) is really nice. It stands out.

The chain is still family-owned and emphasizes members of the Harmon family in its ads.