Post-merger remodels of former Lucky stores

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

Daniel wrote:Somehow Save Mart got ahold of it and remodeled it into their "non-look".
Hehe. I think that's the best way I've ever heard it described...
reymann
Contributor

Post by reymann »

We'll see if Save Mart keeps the interiors the way they are or if they do a massive remodeling campaign when they take over next month. I did not like that they expanded the store in Clovis just to shutter a few years later.
Dean
Veteran

Post by Dean »

The HESPERIA CA Albertsons was originally a PayLess Drug Store. The site was demolished to build a LUCKY/SAV-ON "combo store".

Yet, the merger with Albertsons took place BEFORE the store ever opened as LUCKY. Yet, the interior was already completed as LUCKY.

To this day, the store has the LUCKY interior (colors, signs, etc)...yet has been an Albertsons since the store opened!
Dean
Veteran

Post by Dean »

The former LUCKY in RANCHO CUCAMONGA CA on Haven @ the 210 is FINALLY being completely remodeled.

At the merger, it became an independent. Then VONS. VONS did a quick facelift...yet never a complete remodel. Still had the LUCKY freezer and liquor cases.

Site is now getting the SAFEWAY LIFESTYLE remodel.
WhenenRome

Post by WhenenRome »

Last I checked, these Albertson's locations / former Lucky stores also still had their pre-merger ''Lucky style'' interior decor:

West Covina (Eastland Plaza)

Monrovia (Huntington Drive)

Pomona (Garey Ave. @ Foothill Blvd.)

The current Glendora Albertsons-Savon (on Route 66 @ Glendora Ave.) is a former Newberry's acquired by Lucky just pre-merger, and ultimately opened as Albertson's.

Its design is relatively unique (unlike other Albertson's, and nothing like any Lucky stores that preceded it), which of course makes me wonder which entity actually created it.
J-Man
Veteran

SGV Albertsons

Post by J-Man »

Well, I guess we go to the same stores. See this earlier post of mine that's now on the ALL Save-Mart, Albertsons, Supervalu, and Lucky News Posts thread:
The three Albertsons I frequent most often are:
  • Monrovia: Former Lucky/Sav-On; still has Lucky interior
    Arcadia (Live Oak and Tyler): Always (I think) an Albertsons; older, smaller store.
    Glendora: Fairly new large store, beautiful interior. Is this the one that's like their current "lifestyle" remodel? It looked this way before SuperValu, so I'm not sure.
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

I'm still wondering about Max Foods Montebello and the Albertsons across the street.

The Alhambra Albertsons / former Luckys was remodeled and looks beautiful.
Dean
Veteran

Re:

Post by Dean »

Dean wrote:The HESPERIA CA Albertsons was originally a PayLess Drug Store. The site was demolished to build a LUCKY/SAV-ON "combo store".

Yet, the merger with Albertsons took place BEFORE the store ever opened as LUCKY. Yet, the interior was already completed as LUCKY.

To this day, the store has the LUCKY interior (colors, signs, etc)...yet has been an Albertsons since the store opened!
Albertsons has sold this site to Stater Brothers.