In the 80's they were listed in Cergro ads. Until at least April 2007 they were an IGA affilate (they are listed as a recipe finalist on IGA's web site), but they are not currently listed in IGA's or UWG's store locator.
In the story there is a little history of the small chain's earlier locations:
The building at 1932 S. Walker Ave. was constructed in 1956. The market actually began in the front room of John and Addie Mae McCowan's 400-square-foot house in the 1900 block of South Walker Ave.
When the business expanded, they opened their first market at Summerland Avenue and Bandini Street in 1927. In 1929, they moved the operation to Walker and 20th Street, its current location.
The Bandini Street store was sold in 1995 and turned into a Top Valu Market. Another store, at 10th and Gaffey streets, is now a 99 Cents Only Store.
The family also operated a store at 11th and Meyler streets in the 1930s.