LA History Capsule?

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

LA History Capsule?

Post by Groceteria »

HI all,

I'm working on some site upgrades, and I'm thinking it would be really nice to have at least a capsule/summary page on the site covering LA area chain history. I'm probably never going to give LA the intensive treatment I've given some other California cities, simply because (a) it's too big a project, and (b) I don;t live on that end of the country anymore, which makes research difficult. But since this board has such a big SoCal contingent, I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in writing up such an overview.

I'm interested in a general sort of page or two, with some coverage of all the biggies (time frames of operation, quirks, mergers, etc.) and maybe some mention of any particularly interesting stores, etc. Nothing too detailed or specific. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
David
runchadrun
Veteran

Re: LA History Capsule?

Post by runchadrun »

I'll help out with that, and I'm willing to collaborate with others who want to help. A lot of the stuff has been posted here and just needs to be compiled into one place.
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

I'd help take some pictures if you would like. I live pretty close to downtown LA, so I'm no more than 20 minutes from Burbank, Santa Monica, Long Beach, Covina.......

Also Chad, I'd help compile with you.
Last edited by Jeff on 30 Jan 2008 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
J-Mac
Veteran

Post by J-Mac »

I can't help with old pictures, but if there are any pictures in my flickr collection that you care to use, let me know. (I'm posting this publicly to prod others with extensive photo collections to also share...)
Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

I'm ready to take a Saturday since its nice and warm again and snap some pictures!

Just let me know. I'm in the West San Gabriel Valley / East LA area.
steps
Veteran

Post by steps »

yes I can def get pics!
Pavilions, the new, the unusal, the BEST of everything!