Moderator: Groceteria

Jeff
Veteran

Re: Target, La Habra

Post by Jeff »

Glendale is three stories don't forget.

Also two story:
Lakewood Mall (former MW)
Westminster Mall (former Macys - which also brings me to this off subject, the first three new Macys in So Cal to be built from the ground up, two are closed, one is being torn down already, and one actually made it as a Macys Home Store.)

And Target's new Brea store looks single level only.
Clumsygenes
Contributor

Re: Target, La Habra

Post by Clumsygenes »

Randy76 wrote:Hey all, I'm new to the field of commercial archaeology, but have been interested in it for a long time. I can't believe there are so many interested in it as well. I am a history student but attempting a personal project tracing back major shopping areas in the Greater Whitter, North OC area to be complete with pictures. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

That said, I am also an employee at Target in La Habra (Imperial Hwy at Harbor), a site which will closing in roughly July of 2008. It will be moving to the site of the old Super K (Imperial at Idaho) which I believe once was the La Habra Drive In. My question is, does anybody know what used to exist where the current Target stands? The store opened sometime in the early eighties, probably around 1983. I think there was a Zody's across the street (now Best Buy) and a Gemco right nearby (Albertson's) so I figure something must have occupied the lot prior to the Target. I am going to document the closing and move, so I was looking for hints on past businesses to search for.

Thanks,
Randy

Way back in the day when I was a little one that Target used to be the site of a Shopping Bag I believe, and there was an awesome Italian restaurant called Rinardo's. The same as the one in Big Bear, back in the 80's.