Sears Candy Counters

Moderator: Groceteria

Jeff
Veteran

Post by Jeff »

In Puente hills, it lasted all the way into the 90s I beleive.
Dean
Veteran

Post by Dean »

Jeff wrote:The Sears in Alhambra had the candy counter upstairs near the escalators. This store was the first to discontinue the counter in the area. This store would eventually close in the late 90's to become a Toys R Us and Party City. I dont know what they have upstairs, but Toys R Us uses the basement level.
The Sears in El Monte is now Longo Toyota. The Toys R Us in Rosemead is now LEVITZ.
scanman2
Contributor

Sears Candy Counters

Post by scanman2 »

I grew up in Anaheim and mom and dad would take me to then called BPC (Buena Park Center now called BPM (Buena Park Mall)) and Sears had a free standing booth right outside (BPC was an open air mall then) ooh the smell of the hot caramel corn! Yes I remember hot toffee peanuts too. I also would go every year downstairs in the Sears to Ticketron (predecessor to Ticketmaster) to buy my ticket to Halloween Haunt at Knotts Berry Farm.
Dean
Veteran

Re:

Post by Dean »

Dean wrote:
Jeff wrote:I remember the 404 please.
You're killing me Jeff! Back then, I honestly asked them one time WHAT a 404 is/was...as it seemed to ALWAYS be called. I THINK it was for a clean-up or something!
Jeff!

This morning's earthquake= a 4.4 @ 4:04...reminded me of the 404 PLEASE !!
Clumsygenes
Contributor

Re:

Post by Clumsygenes »

Jeff wrote:In Puente hills, it lasted all the way into the 90s I beleive.

I believe the one in the Brea Mall did too. It would be a great marketing strategy on their end if they brought it back. I remember the Swedish Fish, Chocolate Stars, and Caramel.