Former Boston Market locations in your area

Moderator: Groceteria

J-Man
Veteran

Re: Former Boston Market locations in your area

Post by J-Man »

Following up on my 2008 post about the former Boston Market in Duarte: it's been a Sonic Drive-In for the past couple of years.

There's still an operating Boston Market on Arrow Highway in San Dimas, but the only other one I'm aware of in this area (Hastings Ranch neighborhood of Pasadena) recently closed and became "The Habit," a burger place.
storewanderer
Veteran

Post by storewanderer »

The Reno Boston Market remains open. I keep wondering how long...

They now serve the food on plates with actual silverware if you order the food for there, it appears. Not sure what, exactly, they are doing. Most of their traffic here seems to be drive through. It isn't busy at all anymore.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
Brian Lutz
Veteran

Post by Brian Lutz »

I was down in California for a few days last week, and I did see a Boston Market still operating in Laguna Niguel, but didn't get a chance to stop in. I do think I may have seen one or two others, but don't recall exactly where.
The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0 - Seattle Area Malls, Retail History, and other random things.
Ephrata1966
Veteran

Post by Ephrata1966 »

umtrr-author wrote:In Avenel (Woodbridge) NJ, in front of the KMart/Pathmark strip shopping center there is/was a Boston Market that was once a Roy Rogers. I don't recall whether it still is one or not.
Sorry to go off the restaurant topic, but I have been looking for some Avenel area history for a few years now. Do you recall what year the Kmart/Pathmark center would have opened? Most likely it was between 1975 and 1980 but I would like to narrow it down more. Also, did the Pathmark used to be Acme or A&P? And in Colonia, not far from Avenel, what did the Jo-Ann Fabrics used to be? I'm thinking it was once a Woolworth and later The Cloth World, part of a fabric store chain which Jo-Ann eventually absorbed. The New York Sports Clubs fitness center at the other end of that plaza (by the railroad tracks) looks like it must have been a grocery store at one point, likely a Food Fair/Pantry Pride, but I was also thinking possibly A&P.
romleys
Veteran

Post by romleys »

The Boston Market located at 3901 Santa Rita Rd. in Pleasanton,CA is now occupied by an Auto Zone. The location in San Ramon,CA (2421 San Ramon Valley Blvd.) is now a Chipotle.
Charles H:)
mesly33
Contributor

Post by mesly33 »

The one in Fairfield, OH is now a rather successful Chinese buffet. I think they added an addition on to the left side of the building, but it definitely used to be a Boston Market.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=725+Nille ... 4DlfAWEZjw
47of74
Contributor

Post by 47of74 »

We used to have one here in Dubuque, Iowa. I believe it closed in 2000. It sat vacant for a while before being remodeled and turned into a Taco Bell, which it has been ever since. Now the nearest Boston Markets are either in the Chicago or Milwaukee areas.
NoVa Grocery Buff
Contributor

Post by NoVa Grocery Buff »

In Virginia, notably the DC suburbs Boston Market did the similar quick expansion then quick contraction. But the ones left are very evenly dispersed through the denser and inner suburbs of the metro area.

There were two in Prince William, the one in Manassas closed and is now a Five Guys, the Woodbridge one is still open and does a steady business.
-You can still see the Manassas sign in street view, although the letters are blacked out: https://goo.gl/maps/c96ZmjMu3it

Never saw any in the western part (Shenandoah Valley area) of the state other than Charlottesville, VA which closed and is now a Brixx Pizza.

Many military bases (mostly Army and Air Force I believe) have Boston Markets as well.