anyone have an old Lucky Rewards card?

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

bud

anyone have an old Lucky Rewards card?

Post by bud »

I recently got into collecting grocery store loyalty cards, and I was wondering if anyone still has an old Lucky Rewards card lying around who could tell me more about the design. Specifically, was there a bar code or a magnetic strip, any addresses or other text on the back, was it Savon as well or just Lucky? Anyone have one, I look forward to hearing from you.
Dean
Veteran

Re: anyone have an old Lucky Rewards card?

Post by Dean »

Why...of course! Couldn't part with mine with the chain's demise! Let us all thank our HOST for this site...as folks like us DO CARE about things like old loyalty cards! HA!

If I recall...they had containers set out...for you to "deposit" your card, if you wished. I believe for every card that was dropped in the containers...a donation was made to breast cancer research.

The card is black...with REWARDS CARD written in white across the center. On top is LUCKY in red...with a shopping cart in gold to the right. Along the bottom, is a gold morter & pestal, with Sav-on written in red to the right.

The back side has the bar code. Also, the Bank of America logo, with "locations in over 200 Lucky stores in Southern California".

Lastly, in small print..."Good only in Southern California and Southern Nevada Stores. Property of American Stores and its Divisions. (Not sure I agree with the locale solely...believe I used it at ACME in the East!)

Also, still have the key chain version. Same front as mentioned above. Back side states, IF LOST KEYS ARE FOUND, PLEASE RETURN TO NEAREST LUCKY STORE. Property of American Stores and its Divisions.
Last edited by Dean on 04 Nov 2008 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
storewanderer
Veteran

Post by storewanderer »

NorCal's first generation rewards cards just said Lucky and had the card number embossed in the front, followed by a magnetic stripe and a barcode on the back. There may have also been a Bank of America logo on the back of the card.

At some point, NorCal issued gold rewards cards to their "best" customers. I never obtained one of those.

SoCal had a Lucky/Sav-On co-branded Rewards Card as described by a previous poster. New Mexico got the same cards as SoCal for the few months that Lucky operated in New Mexico.

Osco/Sav-On had a co-branded Osco/Sav-On Rewards Card that was very similar in design to the cobranded Lucky/Sav-On Rewards Card.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
lvkewlkid
Veteran

Post by lvkewlkid »

we used our Lucky rewards card with Acme before as well...
bud

Post by bud »

lvkewlkid, now that you mention it, I have an ACME card that I use at Albertsons (in the self-checkout, of course). I think all the Supervalu cards are interchangeable.

If any of you have the time, I would love to see scans of the front and back of the old Lucky Rewards cards. I vaguely remember what they look like, but if someone could post images that would be fantastic.
submariner
Veteran

Post by submariner »

I'm surprised storeadventures hasn't posted here yet. He had a couple pictures on his Flickr page of the cards...

here's a bag showing the standard black card:
http://flickr.com/photos/storeadventures/2520236576/

And here's the keytag version of the 'gold' card for frequent customers:
http://flickr.com/photos/storeadventures/2514358417/
==========
Aaron
"his foxtail-wielding skills are unparalleled, dust bunnies fear his name"
bud

Post by bud »

So no one has an actual card they can post? :(
storewanderer
Veteran

Post by storewanderer »

Here goes. I did clear out most of the card numbers.

Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
GaryED44
Contributor

Post by GaryED44 »

Here's mine
luckysaver
Veteran

Post by luckysaver »

I used to use the Lucky Savon Rewards card when I visited different Lucky, Lucky-Savon, Savon Drugs, and Savon Express stores. The program discontinued when the "marriage" to Albertsons took place. I have one of those "letters to customers" from former ASC VP Roe Cefalo (former president of Lucky Stores SoCal division) that mentioned some of the changes as Lucky converted to Albertsons or Albertsons-Savon.

The old Bank of America logo was there because the Lucky division of ASC (Lucky Stores Inc) made a huge contract with Bank of America for the bank to enter supermarket convenience banking, establishing mini limited services branches or ATM's inside most, if not all, Lucky and Lucky-Savon stores throughout California. Savon and Savon Express had third-party ATM's and was never affiliated with a bank.

luckysaver
bud

Post by bud »

awesome, thanks for the replies