Intriguing SoCal chain: Superior Super Warehouse

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

Dean
Veteran

Re: Intriguing SoCal chain: Superior Super Warehouse

Post by Dean »

Noticed that SUPERIOR is building a huge, beautiful new site in San Bernardino.

Next to the train tracks/MetroLink station. (2nd Street @ Mount Vernon)

The site had been an old run-down center. I believe the original Fedco San Bernardino was located at this location...before it moved down the street on Mount Vernon.

It is really going to be a sharp center!
scanman2
Contributor

Post by scanman2 »

Yes this store will open June 26 and will be the 31st store for Superior. I am a long time employee and very proud to work for Superior. There is much buzz in San Bernardino about this upcoming store. We will also open another store in Santa Ana on 6/12/08 on First St. This store has a very interesting history. It was originally a Boys Market, then Boys turned it into A Viva Mart which was a Latino format that Boys had until they were bought out by Ralphs/Food 4 Less. It closed as a Food 4 Less.
scanman2
Contributor

Post by scanman2 »

Arrow and Citrus was Smith's Food King from the 1st run of Smith's in Southern CA. I know because I worked there when Superior took it over in 1981. It may have been a Food Giant before Smith's but I don't know on that one.
luckysaver
Veteran

Post by luckysaver »

That part of Citrus had a different numbering system in the address back in the Smith's days because it was most likely unincorporated county territory before the City of Covina annexed that area. It became Lucky in 1984 after Lucky bought out Smith's Food King.

luckysaver