Farmer's Market Chicago.

Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Moderator: Groceteria

mikeparkridge
Contributor

Farmer's Market Chicago.

Post by mikeparkridge »

LadyNoir
Contributor

Re: Farmer's Market Chicago.

Post by LadyNoir »

I have seen this picture before. The building where this supermarket was housed is still a supermarket and has been a Tony's at 4137 N Elston. When the building was a Farmer's Market Supermarket, they also had a location right across the street selling plants, flowers, etc. That is actually still there.
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Post by Groceteria »

From the Google street view, it seems to have been considerably enlarged.
LadyNoir
Contributor

Post by LadyNoir »

I think that if you look closely and put the Google shot side by side with the photo linked from Flick R you can see the dome part with the vent hanging on top. Also, this Tony's is close to wear I live so I have shopped here for years and my husband long before I came along. Despite the huge shot of the front, it is not that big and is kind of smaller towards the back. He once told me that before it became Tony's this was a Butera. I actually am not certain that is 100% true. But! I do recall seeing this Farmer's Market photo somewhere else on the net where it is postively idetified as the Tony's on Elston. Just wish I remember where I read this.