Safeway La Junta, CO

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Moderator: Groceteria

storewanderer
Veteran

Safeway La Junta, CO

Post by storewanderer »

I have heard the Safeway in La Junta has been remodeled or is in the process of being remodeled. Sounds like it has gotten the generic "Modern" (Florida) decor but this is not 100% confirmed.

Disappointing year for these Safeway Museums in Colorado. First Burlington gets relocated and now this. I guess it had to happen eventually...

Walsenburg has not yet received any updates but that had the Marketplace interior so already a bit more modern there. Might be the last Marketplace interior standing. Still some other mid 90's interiors lingering around CO but I don't think we are very interested in those interiors on this site.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/
Groceteria
Great Pumpkin

Re: Safeway La Junta, CO

Post by Groceteria »

storewanderer wrote: 23 Jun 2023 01:16Still some other mid 90's interiors lingering around CO but I don't think we are very interested in those interiors on this site.
Despite the fact that they were relatively new when the site began, those interiors are pushing 30 now so I think they definitely qualify as “history” at this point.
storewanderer
Veteran

Re: Safeway La Junta, CO

Post by storewanderer »

Groceteria wrote: 26 Jun 2023 10:22
storewanderer wrote: 23 Jun 2023 01:16Still some other mid 90's interiors lingering around CO but I don't think we are very interested in those interiors on this site.
Despite the fact that they were relatively new when the site began, those interiors are pushing 30 now so I think they definitely qualify as “history” at this point.
I wasn't the biggest fan of those mid 90's interiors. They have not aged particularly well, portions of the fixtures that were white are sometimes (but not always) now discolored, maybe something to do with lighting. I won't miss them when they're gone. Some of the prior interiors though... are more of a loss.

I did more research on this La Junta and it was actually remodeled in the mid 90's to get new refrigeration, new checkouts, new floor, etc., but for whatever reason kept the older interior wall signs and exterior signs.
Photobucket now allows for comments on each photo! http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/