Assorted Albertsons Sav-on Locations

Uh...California.

Moderator: Groceteria

steps
Veteran

Post by steps »

So what exactly was/is different about a Lucky/Sav-on or Albertsons/Sav-on combo? I have been to one Albertson's store in North Hollywood that has a complete Sav-on side. Starting with the Pharmacy and all the "first aid" products near the Pharmacy. If this is there idea of a combo store then I am VERY disapointed. Although they are very nice inside but shouldn't be called a combo store IF this is what a current combo store is.
Pavilions, the new, the unusal, the BEST of everything!
runchadrun
Veteran

Post by runchadrun »

steps wrote:So what exactly was/is different about a Lucky/Sav-on or Albertsons/Sav-on combo? I have been to one Albertson's store in North Hollywood that has a complete Sav-on side.
Do you mean the one at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd and Sherman Way? That store was supposed to be a Lucky/Savon to replace a former Dale's off of Vanowen but Albertsons bought Lucky while the store was under construction and it opened as an Albertsons/Savon.

BTW, that store is in Van Nuys. There was briefly an Albertsons in North Hollywood on the corner of Magnolia and Laurel Canyon after the Lucky merger but after a few months it was sold off to Jons. I believe that store is a former Thrifitmart.
steps
Veteran

Post by steps »

runchadrun wrote:
steps wrote:So what exactly was/is different about a Lucky/Sav-on or Albertsons/Sav-on combo? I have been to one Albertson's store in North Hollywood that has a complete Sav-on side.
Do you mean the one at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd and Sherman Way? That store was supposed to be a Lucky/Savon to replace a former Dale's off of Vanowen but Albertsons bought Lucky while the store was under construction and it opened as an Albertsons/Savon.

BTW, that store is in Van Nuys. There was briefly an Albertsons in North Hollywood on the corner of Magnolia and Laurel Canyon after the Lucky merger but after a few months it was sold off to Jons. I believe that store is a former Thrifitmart.
I checked with a friend of mine and actually the store is in studio city. there is a krispy kreame in the parking lot. THeres a hometown buffet across the street. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention. guess I was so in grossed with how beautiful the store was.

also there is an albertsons in burbank (i forgot the street name) that has tvs in the produce sections showing u varies ways to prepare meals which was strange since iver never seen these in any stores (besides pavilions way back in the day). The store to me is small so it might have been a lucky before. I want to say there was a sav on or rite aid in the same shopping center. I want to say sav on but not entirely sure.
bigbubby
Contributor

Post by bigbubby »

steps wrote:
runchadrun wrote:

I checked with a friend of mine and actually the store is in studio city. there is a krispy kreame in the parking lot. THeres a hometown buffet across the street. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention. guess I was so in grossed with how beautiful the store was.

also there is an albertsons in burbank (i forgot the street name) that has tvs in the produce sections showing u varies ways to prepare meals which was strange since iver never seen these in any stores (besides pavilions way back in the day). The store to me is small so it might have been a lucky before. I want to say there was a sav on or rite aid in the same shopping center. I want to say sav on but not entirely sure.

It was most definitely a Sav-On, I used to go to that shopping center regularly. That Albertsons was a Lucky, but before that, it was an Alpha Beta.
runchadrun
Veteran

Post by runchadrun »

steps wrote:[I checked with a friend of mine and actually the store is in studio city. there is a krispy kreame in the parking lot. THeres a hometown buffet across the street. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention. guess I was so in grossed with how beautiful the store was.
I must beg to differ. The big Albertsons/Savon with the now-closed Krispy Kreme in the parking lot is indeed in Van Nuys at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd and Sherman Way. My mom lives a few blocks away from there so I drive by it at about once a week. The Hometown Buffet is about half mile north of there at The Plant shopping center (the forme GM plant). There's no Albertsons in Studio City, nor do I believe has there ever been one. There is a former Savon at Laurel Canyon and Ventura, in the same shopping center as Vons (former Food Giant/Food King/Ralphs).

There is a Krispy Kreme and Hometown Buffet at the Empire Center in Burbank but there's no supermarket there.
steps
Veteran

Post by steps »

runchadrun wrote:
steps wrote:[I checked with a friend of mine and actually the store is in studio city. there is a krispy kreame in the parking lot. THeres a hometown buffet across the street. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention. guess I was so in grossed with how beautiful the store was.
I must beg to differ. The big Albertsons/Savon with the now-closed Krispy Kreme in the parking lot is indeed in Van Nuys at the corner of Van Nuys Blvd and Sherman Way. My mom lives a few blocks away from there so I drive by it at about once a week. The Hometown Buffet is about half mile north of there at The Plant shopping center (the forme GM plant). There's no Albertsons in Studio City, nor do I believe has there ever been one. There is a former Savon at Laurel Canyon and Ventura, in the same shopping center as Vons (former Food Giant/Food King/Ralphs).

There is a Krispy Kreme and Hometown Buffet at the Empire Center in Burbank but there's no supermarket there.
I'll check the address next time I go. Now that I am really interrested in know which store I'm actually talking about (hehe). I wish I would have looked around at the other stores in the shopping center, but I guess that was when I was having a "ditzy" moment and it didn't don on me at the time.